Testing the water

While on line selling is nothing new to me, since I was in the web business for many years prior to retirement, selling my own work on line is a new venture.
My first step has been to integrate my website with FineArtAmerica, a print on demand service that is used by many artists in all media. Since posting some of my work on their site, I have been impressed with the ease of management and the excellent appearance of the content.

As well, I have been pleasantly surprised by the nifty integration with my Facebook page. Not only does FAA automatically post announcements of additions to my site, it also sets up a "shop" on my Facebook page which actually duplicates the FAA information. Thus, two selling opportunities for the price of one.

FAA offers only print sales. It does not, as yet, offer sales of my original works. For that, I needed to set up my own on-line sales. More of that in the next post.

Comments